Columbia Financial Aid and Educational Financing

Student Tax Information

Home / Current Students / Student Tax Information / Student Tax Information

Student Employment Paperwork

All new work-study students must submit required forms to the Work-Study Office (205 Kent Hall) prior to employment.

  • W-4 Paperwork
  • Federal & State Withholding forms
  • Proof of Employment Eligibility

Non work-study employers will provide the required paperwork to student employees once they are hired.

Student W-2 Forms

Columbia releases W-2 forms electronically. Log in to the My Columbia portal to view your W-2 and paycheck information.

Federal Tax Returns

To determine if students are obligated to file taxes for the previous year, please refer to the IRS requirements.

1098-T Education and Tax Credit Information

Students and parents can reference Student Financial Services’ website for general information regarding 1098-T forms. Specific questions can be directed to:

Students can access Student Services Online (SSOL) and click '1098-T Tax Form' under the 'Account' section to find detailed instructions for accessing your 1098-T form.