We understand that navigating the financial aid process is different for each family, and our office is ready to assist you along the way. If, after reading through our website, you have questions or need additional assistance, please call us at 212-854-3711 so that one of our staff members can help you.
Submitting your Financial Aid Application
We make every effort to take your complete circumstances into account when determing your family contribution.
Each year we request the following:
- CollegeBoard CSS Profile – submit online
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) – submit online. [US Citizens and Eligible Non-Citizens only]
- Your taxes and financial documentation – submit via IDOC.[Early Decision students will send their 2010 tax documentation directly to Columbia in Fall 2011; ED students will submit their 2011 taxes via IDOC in Spring 2012.]
Though we prefer to receive your documents via IDOC, you may submit your taxes and financial documentation via FAX to 212-854-5353 please use our FAX Coversheets:
You may also mail documents and/or updated information to:Office of Financial Aid & Educational Financing
100 Hamilton Hall, MC 2802
1130 Amsterdam Avenue
New York, NY 10027
PLEASE NOTE: We cannot accept tax documents via email.
As you apply for need-based financial aid, please keep the following in mind:
- Read all application instructions carefully and completely.
- Be sure to meet all deadlines. Need-based institutional aid can be guaranteed only to students who meet deadlines for all forms.
- Print the student’s name and Columbia Application ID Number (starts C00…) on all documents that are submitted to the Office of Financial Aid & Educational Financing.
- Keep copies of all documents.
- Sign up for your Federal PIN early. In order to electronically complete and sign your FAFSA, both you and one of your custodial parents are required to request a PIN: http://www.pin.ed.gov/