We understand that navigating the financial aid process is different for each family, and our office is ready to assist you along the way. Learn more about our generous financial aid policies on the Columbia Financial Aid Initiative FAQs page. If, after reading through our website, you have questions or need additional assistance, please call us at 212-854-3711 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that one of our staff members can help you.
All documents received after March 3 will be processed without penalty.
Please click on the links to the left for detailed instructions for each application cycle.
- Early Decision, Regular Decision, Combined Plan and Transfer Financial Aid Applicants may track the status of their financial aid application online by logging in with their Columbia ID#
TO LOG IN: Financial Aid Applicants must first login to https://admissions.columbia.edu/using the Columbia ID# number assigned by the Admissions Office and the student’s date of birth. Then, the applicant should select FINANCIAL AID TRACKING and follow the instructions for FIRST TIME USER.
Though we prefer to receive your documents via IDOC, you may submit your taxes and financial documentation via FAX to 212-854-5353 please use our FAX Coversheets:
- Early Decision 2014-2015 FAX Coversheet
- Regular Decision 2014-2015 FAX Coversheet
- International Students 2014-2015 FAX Coversheet
You may also mail documents and/or updated information to:Office of Financial Aid & Educational Financing
100 Hamilton Hall, MC 2802
1130 Amsterdam Avenue
New York, NY 10027
PLEASE NOTE: We cannot accept tax documents via email.
As you apply for need-based financial aid, please keep the following in mind:
- Read all application instructions carefully and completely.
- Be sure to meet all deadlines. Need-based institutional aid can be guaranteed only to students who meet deadlines for all forms.
- Print the student’s name and Columbia Application ID Number (starts C00…) on all documents that are submitted to the Office of Financial Aid & Educational Financing.
- Keep copies of all documents.