Our primary goal is to work with you and your family in developing a plan to pay for college. We want to help you achieve your goal of attending Columbia University and we do not want the cost of attending Columbia to be a barrier to your applying for admission. We understand that paying for college is a concern for most families, and as a result we have outlined a few facts about financial aid at Columbia:
- Columbia is need-blind for US Citizens, US Permanent Residents and persons granted refugee visas by the US. As a result, the Office of Admissions considers your application without regard to your financial need. International / non-domestic applicants, please see International Financial Aid information.
- Financial Aid at Columbia is need-based. There are no academic, athletic or talent-based institutional scholarships.
- Columbia meets 100% of the demonstrated financial need for all students admitted as first-years, including international / non-domestic students. And we continue to meet 100% of your demonstrated financial need for all four years of study.
- Columbia admits a large number of international / non-domestic students who apply and receive a substantial amount of financial aid. However, Columbia is not need blind for international / non-domestic students. If admitted and you demonstrate financial need, then Columbia will meet 100% of your demonstrated financial need.
- Columbia has launched a $4 billion fundraising campaign. One of the primary goals of this campaign is to raise $425 million for financial aid.
- John Kluge, CC’37 pledges $400 million for financial aid. Half of the $400 million will be targeted toward supporting and expanding existing financial aid programs for Columbia College. Please read our Press Release and related Frequently Asked Questions to learn more about our enhanced need-based financial aid policies.
- For an estimate of the financial aid for which you may qualify, visit our Net Price Calculator.