Please review the following Columbia financial aid policies for Transfer applicants:
- Transfer admission is not need-blind for International Students (see the Admissions website), meaning that the admissions committee takes into consideration how much financial aid a student requires when rendering an admissions decision.
- Although financial aid is available for international students, candidates should be aware that their applications are read in a more selective process than are other candidates’.
- Columbia admits a large number of international / non-domestic students who receive a substantial amount of financial aid.
- Columbia guarantees to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need of all admitted international Transfer students.
- If financial aid is not awarded at the time of admission, it will not be awarded for any subsequent years.
- Our staff is glad to assist you with exploring your different financing options: student loans, parent loans, monthly payment plans.
- Please understand that as grant aid is limited, a failure to submit the required financial aid forms by the deadline will greatly decrease the chance of receiving grant aid.
Please include our COVER SHEET with all documents to insure proper coding and filling.
The following information will help you determine which applications and forms you need to complete and the dates you should submit them.
2015-2016 Application Process for Transfer Applicants
|Required Forms||How to Apply||Due Dates|
Complete the 2015-2016 CSS Profile online.
Please note that sending your CSS Profile to one college costs $25; additional reports are $16 each. CSS Profile fee waivers are only available for first-time college applicants. Columbia does not provide fee waiver codes.
Profile data will be sent electronically from CSS to Columbia so you do not need to send us copies or printouts of your application.
March 1, 2015
|2014 or Most Recent Tax Returns|
Submit signed copies of your and your parents’ most recently completed income tax returns (including all schedules and any business returns) to the following address:
Financial Aid & Educational Financing
Or FAX to 212-854-5353.
If a tax return is not filed in your country, please provide a current statement of earnings from your parents’ employers that states their yearly earnings.
All tax/income documents (if not already in English) should be officially translated into English but report all figures in local currency.If you or your parents will not file a 2014 federal tax return, you/they must submit a Student/Parent Tax Non-Filer certification (available from our Downloads page) and provide a current statement of earnings from your parents’ employers that states their yearly earnings.
|March 1, 2015|
|CSS Noncustodial Profile (Only required if your parents are divorced, separated, or were never married.) and Noncustodial Tax Returns|
If you indicated on the CSS Profile that your parents are divorced, separated, or were never married, your non-custodial parent will need to complete the CSS Noncustodial Profile. You will be sent an e-mail containing a link and login instructions for the Noncustodial Profile website that you will need to forward to your noncustodial parent for completion by March 1, 2015.
Please have your noncustodial parent forward to Columbia their 2014 federal income tax return as soon as it has been completed, (including all schedules, attachments, and any business returns), preferably no later than March 1, 2015.
If you think there will be difficulty in meeting this deadline, or if you have an unusual or complicated situation, you must contact the Columbia financial aid office to discuss your extenuating circumstances.
|March 1, 2015|