Students attending Columbia College and The Fu Foundation School of Engineering and Applied Science are required to notify the Office of Financial Aid and Educational Financing of outside funding that they will receive. Please note the following:
1) You must complete this form even if you have previously provided us information regarding your outside scholarships or external payments
2) You must complete this form even if you are not receiving outside scholarships or external payments. Simply indicate that you are not receiving outside funding on the form before submitting.
The following items are examples of outside funding that should be reported on this form:
- Outside Scholarships
- Examples: a scholarship from your local Rotary Club or high school
- Do not include Columbia Grant, Gates Millennium Scholarships, Pell Grants, etc.
- Employer Provided Tuition Benefits
- Example: Columbia Tuition Benefit for faculty and staff or a similar plan with your parent’s employer
- Veterans Benefits
- Anticipated payments from educational savings plans (including 529 plans) owned by someone other than you or your parents
- Example: an educational savings plan established by your grandparents
- Please Note: the value of any educational savings plans owned by the student or parent must be reported to the Office of Financial Aid as either a student or parent asset on the CSS Profile
- Any other anticipated third-party payments including ROTC benefits (a third party is anyone besides you or your parents)
PLEASE NOTE: You may only submit ONE form per academic year. If you have questions regarding what should be reported, please contact us prior to completing this form. Additionally, if the information provided below changes at any point, you are required to update the Office of Financial Aid and Educational Financing as soon as possible. You may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with updates at any point during the year.