To be eligible for federal financial aid, you must be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen, have a valid Social Security Number and be admitted as at least a half-time student to a degree program. Learn about these and additional eligibility requirements at Columbia’s Student Financial Services website.
- Interest Rate = 5.84% for loans disbursed after July 1, 2015.
- Origination Fee from October 1, 2015- September 30, 2016 is 1.068% Calculate Fee
- Students may borrow up to $20,500 per academic year.
- Use the Department of Education's Loan Repayment Estimator for information about repayment options.
- Read more about the Federal Direct Loan.