Please be advised that the last date to process a loan for the current 2016-2017 academic year is May 14th.
To be eligible for federal financial aid, you must be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen, have a valid Social Security Number and be admitted as at least a half-time student to a degree program. Learn about these and additional eligibility requirements at Columbia’s Student Financial Services website.
- Interest Rate = 5.31% for loans disbursed after July 1, 2016.
- Origination Fee from October 1, 2016- September 30, 2017 is 1.069% Calculate Fee
- Students may borrow up to $20,500 per academic year.
- Use the Department of Education's Loan Repayment Estimator for information about repayment options.
- Read more about the Federal Direct Loan.