*The last date to originate a Fall-only loan is December 23, 2016. We ask that any Fall-only loan requests are submitted prior to December 21, and that any requested requirements (Entrance Counseling, Master Prommissory Notes) be completed, in order to ensure that your loan is processed in time.
To be eligible for federal financial aid, you must be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen, have a valid Social Security Number and be admitted as at least a half-time student to a degree program. Learn about these and additional eligibility requirements at Columbia’s Student Financial Services website.
- Interest Rate = 5.31% for loans disbursed after July 1, 2016.
- Origination Fee from October 1, 2016- September 30, 2017 is 1.069% Calculate Fee
- Students may borrow up to $20,500 per academic year.
- Use the Department of Education's Loan Repayment Estimator for information about repayment options.
- Read more about the Federal Direct Loan.