Federal Direct Loans are available for any domestic graduate students, enrolled at least half-time in a degree-granting program.
- Interest Rate = 6.00% for loans disbursed after July 1, 2017.
- Origination Fee for loans disbursing prior to October 1, 2017 is 1.069% Calculate Fee
- Origination Fee for loans disbursing after October 1, 2017 is 1.066%
- Graduate students are eligible for an annual maximum of $20,500 in a Direct Unsubsidized Loan.
- Students can estimate post-graduation monthly loan repayment using the Repayment Estimator
How to Apply:
- Complete the 2017-2018 FAFSA Application
- Complete Federal Direct Loan Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note
- Each of these items are valid for 10 years after completion and you should not have to complete them again for any new loan request.
- Complete a Federal Direct Loan application:
- Summer/Fall/Spring Apply Now
Loan applications submitted over the summer will be processed on a rolling basis. If you have applied for institutional financial aid, we will process your loan after you have received a financial aid eligibility letter.
- Note that your loan eligibility may change if you receive any funding from other sources, including departmental funding or stipends. If you are receiving any funds in addition to loans, please report them to our office. If you receive funding during the year, we may reduce your loans accordingly.
- We will also update your loan eligibility based on your enrollment. If you reduce your credits, we may have to reduce your loans correspondingly, as your cost of attendance is based on your enrollment.